Poetic. That’s what Suhaib claimed me to be. Lyrical he meant? Or full of feeling maybe? I doubt it. Mundane. That’s what I think about it. That’s what I am. He joyfully suggested me to write again. I happened to be talking to Maol about it and I found myself thanking God I have beautiful supportive friends (er not literally beautiful though). I told them not to expect too much as they might get disappointed with the contents. I will write about anything that crossed my mind, provided that I had time in my hands. After given so much thought about it, I decided to write. Gosh never thought writing a starter for this would take more time than I did before. It’s been so long since the last time I wrote a blog. 3 years maybe? Or maybe more. I couldn’t bring myself to write (or in other words rambling) about student years at the moment. My mind filled with heavy thoughts of the working life right now. Maybe I’ll write something about the good old days in UTM when I get the feeling of it. Sorry Suhaib. Maybe next time. Hehe.
Well today I went to the office. I had to work on Sunday again. No one was there of course. I went there to print the drawings of my apartment projects in Shah Alam. They must be printed today because I’ll be very tight up on Monday with the homestay project in Janda Baik and not to mention the delightful design proposal for commercial development in Seri Alam, Johor. One apartment project of 53-unit for Orang Asli was printed on Thursday and Friday. 4 sets for building plans and 2 sets for temporary buildings in AO and few A1 sizes. Printing was not a problem though. The only thing I can’t stand was when the plotter suddenly stopped printing, while there was already ¾ of the drawing had been printed nicely on the large paper. I confusedly checked the computer only to discover that the roll paper had finished.
As I was waiting for the first few drawings to be printed, I checked the AutoCAD file and to my horror the latest drawing for ground floor went missing. Without much thoughts I hurriedly opened a file I believed can be used as a reference to redo the ground floor plan. Thank God everything went well eventually. To make the story short, I loaded 6 new AO roll paper and changed 3 plotter cartridges for the whole printing process. That explained how many AO drawings I got. And that explained how much grumble I got on Friday from my colleagues when they have to help me fold the drawings into A4 size but they helped me anyway. That’s one of the good things about them. Finally all the drawings were ready, both linen sets and paper sets. I thanked God my colleagues already promised to help me fold all the drawings tomorrow. In my heart I thanked them already. Will thank them again tomorrow. With a great relief, I left the office at about 9.35pm. Back home I did some cleaning and ironing and prepared the relevant stuff for frantic day I’ll be facing tomorrow.
And that wrapped up another day of an architect-of-a-small-office’s life.heh. ‘Night.
Well today I went to the office. I had to work on Sunday again. No one was there of course. I went there to print the drawings of my apartment projects in Shah Alam. They must be printed today because I’ll be very tight up on Monday with the homestay project in Janda Baik and not to mention the delightful design proposal for commercial development in Seri Alam, Johor. One apartment project of 53-unit for Orang Asli was printed on Thursday and Friday. 4 sets for building plans and 2 sets for temporary buildings in AO and few A1 sizes. Printing was not a problem though. The only thing I can’t stand was when the plotter suddenly stopped printing, while there was already ¾ of the drawing had been printed nicely on the large paper. I confusedly checked the computer only to discover that the roll paper had finished.
As I was waiting for the first few drawings to be printed, I checked the AutoCAD file and to my horror the latest drawing for ground floor went missing. Without much thoughts I hurriedly opened a file I believed can be used as a reference to redo the ground floor plan. Thank God everything went well eventually. To make the story short, I loaded 6 new AO roll paper and changed 3 plotter cartridges for the whole printing process. That explained how many AO drawings I got. And that explained how much grumble I got on Friday from my colleagues when they have to help me fold the drawings into A4 size but they helped me anyway. That’s one of the good things about them. Finally all the drawings were ready, both linen sets and paper sets. I thanked God my colleagues already promised to help me fold all the drawings tomorrow. In my heart I thanked them already. Will thank them again tomorrow. With a great relief, I left the office at about 9.35pm. Back home I did some cleaning and ironing and prepared the relevant stuff for frantic day I’ll be facing tomorrow.
And that wrapped up another day of an architect-of-a-small-office’s life.heh. ‘Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment